|The "Domestic line" has been created for family use, and includes lever and pump models.
La Pavoni is universally well known for the originality and functionality of its lever machines, introduced in 1960 and still in vogue. The pump machines are characterised by an elegant and refined design; equipped with an automatic pressurised filter holder, they brew creamy and tasty espresso coffees.
About La Pavoni
La Pavoni Spa was founded in Milan in 1905 by Desiderio Pavoni. His first invention was patented on September 1st , 1902 and gave life to the first espresso coffee machine. It was a vertical machine, with a boiler kept at a constant pressure by a gas-ring which it rested on, or by means of electricity, with side brewing groups (from 1 to 4) supported by inside hooks and had a filter for ground coffee. By opening a knob, at a pressure of 1,5 bar, water first and then steam passed through the ground coffee in the filter, enabling the brewing of the espresso, which - in one minute - was ready in the cup; the machine was also fitted with some knobs to get hot water or steam to prepare hot drinks. Being the first machine of its kind to be marketed, this model spread the fashion of drinking Italian style "espresso" coffee at the bar, in Europe, first, and then around the whole world. This system of obtaining the coffee and the mechanics of the machines remained the same till the post-war period. In 1948 a new system was introduced. Water was taken from the boiler under pressure. It was then filtered through the coffee by means of a piston pushed by a spring at ten bars pressure. In 1961, the first electrical machine for domestic use was created. Since the middle of the eighties, the company has been studying new ideas and creating panels in thermoplastic materials, speeding up the production cycle considerably. Great attention has been paid to ergonomics, as well as to research into new technological developments. On 29 January 1999 La Pavoni obtained the UNI EN ISO 9001 certification (number 9130 PAV2) and IQ Net - registration number IT-8070 issued by the competent Certification Institutes and the conformity to the norms ISO 9001:2000 of 14 November 2003.