Shun Pro Yanagiba 9 1/2" Knife VG0005
Part Number / SKU: VG0005
Award-winning chef Laurent Gras prefers the speed, ease, and versatility of cutting with Shun Pro knives for the creation of his celebrated cuisine. Laurent is the national spokesperson for our Shun Pro line and it's no wonder Shun Pro is known as the kitchen cutlery for the ultimate connoisseur.
The Pro series features the design preferred by professional Japanese chefs—a one-sided, beveled edge with a hollow-ground back. The single-bevel design means an incredibly sharp edge that's easy to maintain. Further, the hollow-ground back creates an air pocket between the blade and the food being cut. The result is less sticking to the blade and less friction damage to the food.
- - VG-10 "super steel" is composed of Carbon, Chromium, Cobalt, Manganese, Molybdenum, Silicon, and Vanadium
- - VG-10's Rockwell Hardness rating of 61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer
- - Knives feature single-sided, beveled edges for less sticking and less damage to food
- - The ebony-black PakkaWood® handles are specifically designed for premium applications
- - The handle's "D" shape design fits the hand perfectly
- - Stainless-steel bolsters and end caps
- - Dishwasher safe
- - NSF approved
- • VG10 "Super Steel"
- • D-shaped Handles
- • Honyaki Method
- • Pakkawood